Step one: Estimate operating costs
Click to register for free and use our Online Motor Cost Calculator.
Step two: Review optimization checklists
Identify potential opportunities for efficiency improvement using the optimization checklists below.
- Fans that have been reassembled incorrectly
- Fans with abrupt turns at the outlet or inlet
- Fans with the wrong blade shape
- Fan systems with bypass control
- Fans/Blowers that are running backwards
- Fans/Blowers that limit production quality or quantity
- Fans/Blowers that are unreliable
- Fans/Blowers controlled by inlet dampers
- Fan/Blower systems controlled by discharge dampers
- Fans/Blowers that overload unless they are throttled
- Blowers that are running backwards
- Blowers that have vibration or alignment problems
- Blowers that run continuously, but do not need to
- Blowers that are mismatched to the load
- Interchange two wires, and boost fan performance 50%
- Adjusting Inlet cone spacing properly can save 5-20%
- Have someone with the proper equipment diagnose the problem save 5%
- Fan & Blower Systems can and should be problem free. Find and fix the root problem.
- Designs that avoid abrupt turns can reduce energy use 20-30%
- Designs that can't be shut off waste money when they are running but not needed
- Downtime costs you money and credibility. Fix the problem instead of accepting it.
- Use a more efficient blade shape. Save 10-30%
- Stop dumping the air, and save air conditioning costs too.
- Match the machine to the load. Save 20-50%
- Replace with fine bubble and modify blowers, save 20-50%
- Depending on how much the inlet valve is shut, you could save 15-50%
- Inlet dampers save a little when the flow goes down, but not much. Save 20-50%
- Discharge dampers are the least efficient way to control fans & blowers. Save 20-50%
- Modify the machine to provide the flow and pressure the process needs and save 20-50%
Step three: Begin Online Training or Schedule Training/Consultation
Click to access your Online Training Course Catalog,
or Contact Productive Energy Solutions to schedule an in-person training session or consultation.
Access Your Free Professional Toolbox!: Join/Register.